Monday, August 13, 2012

7

Sweet Miki tagged me in this blog award. This is the first time I've done this :) I finally figured out how to "tag" people, lol. Thank you so much for tagging me, Miki! xoxoxo


These are the rules: 

1) Post the award logo on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!


7 Facts about ME:

1.)  I have a BIG pen fetish! *lol* I just LOVE pens and every time I go to the store I  HAVE to 
go down the pen and paper aisle, just to check out the pens and see if they have any new ones. I could stand a long time in that aisle, just looking at all the pens. I have collected a lot of plastic bags full of pens over the years. When I go to the store, I almost always leave with a new pen that I bought, ^___^.

 
2. I work full time as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant). I assist the elderly and handicapped with ADL's (activities of daily living) which means I help them with everything they may need help with ~ getting dressed, eating, walking, bathing, etc. I work the night shift and sleep during the day. I do love my job, but more so when I have the time to spend with the clients. I hope to one day work in the hospital. By the way, that's not me in the picture, ha ha! ;) But here I am on the last day at my old job, posing with my co - worker Gwen.


       Me

3.) I love love love REGGAE and SPANISH music! My favorite Reggae artists are:
Jah Cure, Wayne Wonder, Bob Marley, Sanchez, and Etana! :) My Mexican artists are: Jessie & Joy, Reik, Sin Bandera, Ha*sh, and Mana. Plus a lot others that I can't remember right now! ha ha... 

4.) I LOVE nail art! (just like I love MAIL art! hehe) Isn't this design beautiful? I used to spend so much money on getting my nails done. I would get a gel overlay or an acrylic overlay to help my nails grow out super long and then get designs on them, like the one above. Now a days I haven't got money to get them done so I've been painting them myself. :) But I still love nail art.

5.) I LOVE vintage letters! I love to look at the beautiful handwriting (penmanship) they had back then, and when written correspondence was seriously a way of communication. Back before they had telephones and waay back before they had internet! Months ago I bought a lot of vintage love letters, 141 letters in total (I have about 30 or so more to read) they are from the 1930's and every time I read them I feel like I am back in that era. Its really neat! I love it. 

6.) I'm a MOTHER :) This is a pic of me and my babies. 
My daughters, whom I love SOOO much. They make me happiest. <3


7.)  I LOVE to go thrift shopping! I buy almost ALL my clothes from thrift stores. Some people might say "Ewww" but I don't care! I buy it, and then go home and wash em and wear em! 
I like to look for the name brand clothes coz they last longer and even the vintage clothes are cool too! I also love rummage sales and flea markets! :):):)

The sweethearts I'd like to tag are:
Jes AuRorAATanYa MarIAn & gLady$

Feel free to participate ladies, and when you have time. 





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations my dear, well deserved.. <3
    P.S. I have a letter ready to go in the mail for you tomorrow.... Love you.. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its really nice reading vintage letters. I have bought a few myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Katie! It was so cool to read this and learn more about you! ;D I'd really love to have a job like yours! Unfortunately, we can't afford tuition right now, but one day, hopefully :).

    Your kids are so adorable! How old are they? You look like a young mom!

    And I think it's time to send you a little letter ;). Why don't you e-mail me your address? shower_your_love@yahoo.com.ar

    Thank you SO much for all the sweet comments! ;D

    Have a great day!

    Miki.

    ReplyDelete